Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chang!











Chang is the thai word for elephants. We were out in service in a kind of rural area the other day and look what we came across! Elephants crossing the road! I have kind of mixed feelings about it though. On the one hand... Elephants! I love these animals, they are so amazing. But on the other hand, I have heard some sketchy things about the way they are treated at these touristy places. So I don't know. But they sure are majestic.
This day in service was fun. Usually we are right in the middle of the city, but our pals Glen and Janelle had some country territory that we got to work in. It was a really scenic drive out there, as you can see in one picture, we passed a brightly colored temple. I got a nice call with a Thai woman named Paan. I spoke to her over her garden wall as she was watering her flowers. She had on a pretty little straw hat. I wish I could have taken a picture of her!

2 comments:

  1. Gavin wants to know if he can ride an elephant?..
    He also says hi and he misses you guys:)

    ReplyDelete